Auspice Safety is one of the few agencies in the country that specializes in industrial safety training and staffing.
Our company provides a level of thoroughness, personal attention, and training that no regular staffing agency, or safety consultancy can provide.
We have an immediate need for a National Health and Safety Director. The primary role is to manage, plan, and implement programs to maintain Occupational Safety and Health, and reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial losses.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public environments to an exciting and fulfilling career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a National Health and Health Director, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people in Canada and abroad. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Leading departmental EHS programs & training including but not limited to: Shipbuilding, Contractor Management, Upgrade Projects, Powered Industrial Trucks, Welding, Fall
- Protection, LOTO, Machine Guarding, Confined Space Entry/Rescue, Hoisting Systems, Management of Change, and other assigned safety and health responsibilities as needed.
- Investigating workplace incidents and completing root cause analyses to determine appropriate corrective actions and conducting assessments of high hazard processes to reduce risk.
- Supporting and train supervisors on the investigation process.
- Monitoring ergonomic program execution to reduce risk of cumulative trauma and other ergonomic injuries in your areas of responsibilities.
- Completing assessments that include High Hazard Assessment, Risk Assessment and Prioritization, Risk Assessments, and Gap Tool Assessments.
- Creating and managing budget for all Occupational Safety and Health activities
- Working with Human Resources to manage workers’ compensation claims and return to work programs.
- Handling Environmental compliance with regulators.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, our client requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution.
- Five (5) years of experience with EHS programs and procedures within a private, public, government or military environment.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bilingual – English and French – Spoken and Written
- Master’s degree or higher in a science, engineering, or an environmental health and safety (EHS) discipline from an accredited institution.
- Ten (10) years of experience working in an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) role in a Shipbuilding or similar environment.
- Experience in implementation of comprehensive EHS management systems
- Experience with hazard and risk assessments in a Shipbuilding or similar environment
For more information please fill out the form below.