Training for Joint Health & Safety Committee Members (JHSC)
Joint Health and Safety Committee Training (JHSC) Part 1 is a 3 day course for:
- Joint health & safety committee members (businesses with 20+ employees)
- Health & safety representatives (businesses with 5-19 employees)
Our courses are flexible and can be designed to accommodate your schedules. Courses can be taken either at our facility or your workplace. Auspice Safety is fully certified to deliver Joint Health and Safety Committee Training (JHSC) under the Ministry of Labour.
What’s Covered In This JHSC Training Course
This in-class course starts with the basics of occupational health and safety and covers how a Joint Health and Safety Committee manages health and safety in the workplace. The course will provide a comprehensive framework for course participants to be able to identify a range of hazards found in the workplace. Through the lessons included in this course, participants will also be able to identify, assess and control potential hazards in the workplace. By the time of completion of the course, participants will have learned:
- Occupational health and safety legislation and regulations in Canada and their province.
- The rights, duties and roles of management and employee members of a JHSC.
- The powers of a certified member of a JHSC.
- The basics of the RACE (recognize, assess, control, evaluate) system of hazard management.
Become a Joint Health & Safety Committee Member
Completion of this course will allow participants to return to their workplace and effectively fulfill their duties as a member of their workplace’s joint health and safety committee. In order to become a certified member, participants of this course will have to complete a specialized second part of our joint health and safety committee training within 12 months of completing this course. Part 2 will take the lessons learned in part one and expanding on it with sector specific knowledge. Upon completion of this course, a certified member will need to take a refresher course once every 3 years. Start your journey towards becoming a certified joint health and safety committee member with us today!